Thursday, August 15, 2013

13x07 Honey Postmortem






Again I want to make a few comments….
  1.  Degrassi is at its best at its most dramatic
  2. I really think that going back to a one part format three plots is too much to handle

Granted yes the two Paris plots came together with the end of the program dinner and the bus ride home but it just kind of felt rushed.

So Maya admitted yes she likes Miles, Tristan gave her the green light to act on her feelings and Zoe and Miles broke up (we don’t know who did the dumping however Zoe is on the warpath cause she thinks Maya wants her man…..) I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again that when Zig is back in the picture in the next arch I am calling that Z & Z get together to initially make M & M jealous/pissed but then they have this intense and epic Rich Girl/Poor Boy plot and we get some plot like/PSA on class issues…..also down the line Winston will be gay, bi, or so into Maya…..

The Alli plot was rather interesting….while I’ve been griping mainly because I thought Leo was going to be a sex trafficker (which again I REALLY wanted that plot) I really did for a brief moment feel like maybe this was going to be some epic romance where he’d move to Toronto to be with her (he was plotting on transferring after all) though then the Dallas text happened….and Leo snapped and IF this plot ripples into the next arch and doesn’t end with this episode I feel like Alli is going to either get pregnant (cause Jenna’s pregnancy in season ten was the last pregnancy we’ve had and so we’re due for another am I right?) Or that Leo is going to end up in Toronto anyway and there is going to be this dark love triangle with Dallas who really cares and Leo who is controlling and abusive (though hopefully they pick back up on the Miles Hollingsworth JR’s and abusive dad plot teased in Summertime if they do abuse)

As for the last plot well I knew where this was going and so while this was the second major character death in the span of sixteen episodes and Adam will very much be missed I’m not at all a sobbing mess like I was when JT and Cam died and I’m like okay….moving on. I mean like I said with last week it was most likely Jordy’s choice to go cause she has other roles lined up and was growing her hair out and I get the writers were like okay we’ll do a Texting and Driving plot (which would have been more effective with an ‘It Can Wait’ PSA attached to it by the cast just saying) but honestly with Adam being such a groundbreaking character I’m less pissed he’s dead and more that his death is a total cop out. With the way the character is I’d of written him off somehow (either by putting him in a coma, needing to be shipped off to PT, or of not done the text/drive plot and just of sent him off screen or something) then when next we see him Adam is played by a male actor to show that he’s transitioning. That’s just me as a writer and soap watcher looking at things and I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.


Next week the funeral/celebration of life should be interesting though I’m surprised how light the mood is when in cannon Campbell committed suicide only 3-5 months ago and after that it seemed like everyone went fracking batshit crazy with grief and they only knew him for a semester whereas most characters have known Adam for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment