Thursday, August 8, 2013

13x06 Cannonball Postmortem

It wasn't a matter of was Adam going to die at this point it was how cause yes we all know he's going to die (or at least be comatose and dream of his own funeral but I'm going to go with the former on this) A part of me wonders if this was Jordy's choice to leave and so the writers decided to kill Adam off by way of PSA or if they just wanted to do a texting and driving plot. Honestly either way I'd of done plots differently and if they wanted to get rid of Jordy to of not tossed Adam into a quad as his final send off and instead of had him spend the summer in hormone therapy and then re-cast with a male actor to say he's transitioned. Then either keep Alex Steele on for a few episodes and Kill off Tori or of used it to write Dave or Luke off seeing as how they just vanished into the black hole (yes Zig isn't in the summer arch either but there were gallery shots of him so....)

Anyway I'm just glad that we're at least getting one more actual plot of substance this block even though young people dying is kind of triggering for me lately with the tragic death of Cory Montieth and the alleged death of Youtuber Dave Days. Anyway I really hope the actors bring their A game as seriously they have been under impressing me except for Aislin but that's because aside from the cancer every damn plot has been a triangle quad or some form of romantic geometry. Sidenote I really thought if they pulled this PSA trope of texting and driving it would have been with Dave after a now foreshadowing moment in season 11 though the Torres bros were both in the car at the time so....

That said I really did like the camp plot which is less impressive then Clare but bounds better than Paris. The little campers are adorable and despite her crap plots I love Imogen.... plus Grown Ass Drew is fucking sexy I think I've said it a few dozen times so far.

As for Paris.....Miles just wants to have a ménage a tres with Zoe and Maya I swear to god..... glad that Tristan and Maya made up claiming hos before bros (though we all know Maya's going to somehow end up with Miles or in a triangle with him and Zig I keep saying I'm calling it. PS I love Winston and wish he was more then just a side character. And Zoe is such a bitch still just saying.

As for the Alli, Jenna, Conner kind of over them. I was really hoping that the Jenna being sucked into human trafficking rumor was true and the creepy guy in the promo would have been for that…..but nope....she was just a winy brat cause Conner was turned off by sex and they had a fight and Alli was too busy for her caus of Leo and snooze......

Going to assume the last two episodes will be mostly about Adam's death the tenner quad.....


Again I just want to state that overall I don’t mind that we didn’t have a novella this season and I applaud the writers for trying something new but honestly I feel that they should go back to an A plot B plot format instead of an A/B/C plot if they aren’t going to make episodes all two parters cause I just feel as lame as some of these plots have been this summer they could of worked better if they had a bit more depth and layers. 

PS not tagging as character death cause he's not dead yet..... also not tagging as wedding despite the cute wedding from the campers though I may re-tag the recap with the latter depending on my mood that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment