Tuesday, February 25, 2014

13x21 No Surprises Postmortem


Sorry I didn't do a postmortem last week but I had to close and was too physically and emotionally drained to take notes by the time I got to the episode.
I think by this point in the block the foundation has been set for whatever character archs are to come in the remaining episodes of this block.


The plots were as followed....
With Miles, I actually enjoyed him today and I'm trying to figure if it's the writing or if it was cause I was drinking when watching the episode. The arch of the episode starts with Maya (yawn I'm so over her and I used to be a strong Matlin-Stan...maybe it's just cause this ship is just meh for me I don't know) she's over at the mansion and Miles is swimming having no suit Miles takes off his trunks and coaxes her to skinny dip. REMEMBER in-verse it's January of February and this is Toronto not Miami. Caught by Miles Jr and his campaign manager Maya is soon told to leave. We see more of his family life and maybe that's why I liked this plot cause I love seeing characters lives play out outside of Degrassi's halls and into their homes.... it's clear that while Miles hasn't caused any drama since Paris he's the black sheep and Frankie and his younger brother Hunter are the golden children. Maya ends up coaxing Miles to help his dad with the campaign to prove himself which leads to him, Maya and Winston working at the mansion and when Miles goes to look for his dad he sees him and the manager together. He plans to call out the affair by sending her expensive jewelry in his dads name and when he sees her reaction ends up blowing a mock interview and walking out only to tell his mom about the affair. She knows but isn't doing anything til after the election. Miles proclaims to Maya he's over his family and she's all he needs. He tells her he loves her yet in promos for next week he's all over Zoe again...

Alli and Dallas are doing their science thing Dallas is still smitten and there was a cute scene involving Dallas's son Rock. Dallas enquires if Alli is seeing anyone and Jenna and Conner tell him she's getting over Leo. He tries to pursue her with a basket of bath goodies to relax however after she rebuffs him for the millionth time and he shows up at her place she admits Leo beat her and she's got deep physical and emotional scars.


Clare has been in remission for six months and wants to do something crazy like bungee jumping. Eli can't come up from NY cause he has a film that needs editing. Clare asks if Lenore can do it but it's Eli's baby and he plans to make it up to her. Conner invites Drew in Eli's place and Clare is all NO but it's too late. Clare tells him and Jenna that she and Drew kissed over thanksgiving and Jenna uses her superpower to call out the fact that Clare and Drew have feelings....after that there was much sexual tension between them both when jumping and when changing out of wet cloths in the car. I still hold firm that I wish TPTB made Clare and Drew a strong heterosexual bromance instead of forcing them into being a ship but that's just me....

No comments:

Post a Comment