Tuesday, January 28, 2014

13x17 The World I Know-Postmortem

 

DALLAS, ZIG, I've missed you granted Dallas was mostly there for Drew propping but still

For how bla the past two arcs have been 13C has already suckered me in and while I didn't get to scenes for next week just from the teasers for the arch things look promising. My only WTF is that they did a three month time skip....also HOW could Maya be suspended for those three months plus when so many characters have gotten a mere slap on the wrist for much less....oh well it's just a device to eventually drag out Olivia's stay on the show if it goes beyond the current season I wager.

Anyway since we're on the Maya subject I'll go with her plot first....I think this was the B I'm not sure the B and C kind of blur together and I wish they just kept with 2 subplots per episode. Anyway Simpson is putting Maya in the 'Rubber Room' AKA the special ed class for the behavioral challenged. She’s branded as a stuck up princess and clearly doesn’t want to be so even more when she’s paired with Zig for an assignment to get to know one another and then perform a presentation as the other person. I’ve missed Zig and yes Tristan might watch too many teen soaps but he’s write in saying the boy still has it bad….the tension is just…..ALMOST as intensely thick as CaptainSwan and that says loads. Zig ends up walking from the presentation and I can’t wait to see more of their story…

The other sub plot is Drew is planning a guest speaker series with Mr. Hollingsworth as the first guest. He’s throwing himself in the work (did I mention I think studious Drew is sexy and they just need to dress him in a button down and tie EVERY EPISODE unless he’s shirtless. He tells his bro Dallas about the kiss with Clare and how he thinks that she likes him however when he plays it cool telling Clare they can’t work Clare tells him that it was a onetime thing and her heart belongs to Eli….yea we all know it’s not going to be a onetime thing SPOILERS…I still wish they kept Clew as friends but I love Aislinn and Luke’s chemistry and also I’m so glad that she lost the wig but again I would of liked something to of been mentioned about that cause obviously her hair IC grew in the three month gap. Also after Mr. Hollingsworth’s speech Drew wants to have coffee with the Mayoral candidate and is offered a job as the campaign youth advisor….


The main plot is Alli and Leo….which both did and didn’t go as I expected it to. It’s almost Alli’s birthday and Leo shows up at the Bhandari’s which apparently he’s met her mom and she likes him….anyway he tells her he couldn’t renew his work visa and is about to be deported back to France. Alli doesn’t want to be away from him and skips school to spend every last moment with him. He wants to break up because she doesn’t deserve the turmoil of a long distance relationship however despite this he calls her at midnight to be the first to wish her a Happy Birthday and she decides she’s 18 let’s have a green card marriage (they do have those in Canada right?) now TBH I really thought Leo was going to be the one to force Alli into this and not Alli to be the one to break it off. She tells Clare and Jenna asking them to be her bridesmaids and the girls think it’s crazy to marry a guy she only knew for six months and besides it wouldn’t be like he could follow her to Boston….she says she’ll make it all work but still she’s alone….He gives Alli a proper ring (Garnet, January’s birthstone) and veil before marrying off-screen at city hall. She needs to go back to school and invites him to her Birthday Dinner but they can’t tell her parents and she can’t move in with him and god….yea…she should have thought things through. He accuses Alli of thinking that they are a mistake pushing her from his car and driving off.  Alli comes home and is met with a surprise party and shocked looks as she’s all bruised. She tells her family she was mugged and while her parents want to go to the cops it’s clear her friends know it was Leo…. Also you don’t know HOW glad I was that we FINALLY got a PSA about domestic violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment