Thursday, July 18, 2013

13x03 All I Wanna Do Postmortem




WHAT Misfits! A Torres Bro Moment! Clare/Imogen not clawing each others eyes out!

This seriously is a whole new Degrassi……

First let me talk about Paris which I feel is going to be long ass draggy……

Tristan’s plot where he was faking straight just felt forced…..now if when he kissed Maya he felt a spark (even though he has kissed a girl Tori back in) and he questioned his sexuality now THAT would be a plot…. Also WHY must we have all these shirtless Miles scenes when the actor is only sixteen so I can’t legally or morally objectify him.

Alli’s plot was meh cause you just know it’s going to be another Alli does something stupid with a guy swears men off rinse and repeat when school starts where I’m calling Bhandallas (Alli + Dallas) redux. I did feel for her though when she had the Clare cut out and felt all alone with the underclassman and Jonnor (Jenna+ Connor) which BTW I swear if I have to hear Conner comment ‘I’m so glad I don’t have cancer EVERY TIME Clare is brought up I swear I’ll smash something hard and breakable against the wall……

As for the Clare arch…. Once again I just want to say that is the strongest plot on the show…..also a part of me wonders if the funeral is for Gatsby Garcia on West Drive and the Degrassi actors were just doubling as extras in the show within a show….I think I said that in last weeks but I just want to keep theorizing it so I’m safe in my ‘No Way This Year Anyone’s Gonna Die And It’s Gonna Be Totally Awesome’ mindset.

Once again there was some A+ Acting between Aislinn and Munro…..also I think that the characters Drew, Adam, and Imogen meshed well into this arch and work her much more than their own arch back at Degrassi Community with the day camp…….

I also honestly wouldn’t be shocked if her condition does worsen a ’la how things were done on Parenthood where Kristina had a scare nearly every other episode but by seasons end went into remission….. It can only get worse before it gets better….


Can’t wait till next week though I swear they better keep Clare/Drew platonic as while at first I did really want Clew (Clare + Drew) to get together romantically in the wake of their ship mates being long distance with Clare’s cancer and Eli’s coming back to Toronto I really don’t want to see any sinking…..at least not this soon in the season (though the only other pair to get a gallery show aside from Eli/Clare was Drew/Imogen so I’m hoping we get Drimogen (Drew + Imogen) 

No comments:

Post a Comment