Thursday, July 11, 2013

13x1/2 Summertime Postmortem




I was a little skeptic with the format changing yet again this time from the telenovella summer archs from the past three seasons morphing into an 8 episode weekly arch taking place over summer break. I already see pros and cons and likes and dislikes…. One dislike is the lack of the familiar opening them and is just a shorten sped up version of the current title tune with a title card I really hope that it was just for the opener/summer arch and we get a full opening in the later part of the season. Though THANK THE GOOD LORD the cinematography was without instagram filters

As far as the plots go the one I like the least is the Summer Camp arch which will lead into the Becky/Adam/Imogen triangle and In a perfect world it would be a platonic Adam/Imogen relationship (Imogen’s just is handsy okay!) and Jealous! Becky and/or Becky being the cheating party back in Florida….. hi light of that arch is Drew acting like a grown ass man…..I love love love it grown ass man Drew = the best Drew

The Clare arch…..well I know allot of people put down EClare (Eli + Clare) as being over rated and the creators pets but seriously I think Aislinn Paul and Munro Chambers’s acting carried the episode for me and I can’t wait for them to chill me to the bone and be like the Canadian Teen Monica Potter and Peter Krause . The only thing I think seemed kind of meh about them was how Alli and Jenna told Clare to spice it up and have sexy time Skype sessions with Eli …

Then there is the Paris arch featuring Jonner (Jenna + Connor), Alli, and all the underclassmen sans Zig including the newbie trio. While there wasn’t any set up to the seniors plots my thought for the incoming pentagon of drama is that I’d rather see Zoe be beard and new bff to Tristan and for them to scope out the Parisian dudes far far away from Maya and for Maya and Miles to befriend one another and balance once another out platonically while Maya and Chewy become potential love interests.

Miles as a whole I know people probably think he’s a jerk however I really see him as an open book that is full of layers and I can’t wait to see them unravel.


As for Maya she’s another one I know she’s going to get hate but TBH I think her bitch-ness is totally justifiable at least for tonight. I mean her sister (PLEASE can we get more Katie at least via Skype chats) is going to camp then college, her first love Campbell is dead, her frienemy Tori has moved away (and didn’t just fade into the DBC props for that) and Tris found a new friend in Zoe I’d be a bitch too….I just wish we knew where Zig was/stood in all of this but I’m thinking we won’t see much if any of Mr. Novak until school starts in September or October when the fall arch airs

No comments:

Post a Comment